Essilor Of America Announces New Roles And Ledership Changes
By Essilor News
DALLAS – May 5, 2017 – Essilor of America today announced several new roles and leadership changes designed to support the company’s commitment to help customers grow and succeed. These new roles illustrate Essilor’s continued evolution as an organization dedicated to supporting the future of independent optometry and the optical industry overall.
As a result, the following moves have occurred:
- Lauri Crawford has been named Senior Vice President, Brand Sales and Category Development. In this role, Crawford will focus on developing the key categories and brands across multiple channels and ensuring proper alignment between marketing and sales. Crawford will oversee the brand sales team, brand sales operations and lead the organization’s focus on Transitions®/Photochromics, Varilux®/PALs, Crizal®/AR Coatings and Xperio UV™/Sun.
- Ellen Haag has been named Vice President, Consolidated ECPs. Haag will build and develop a new business unit comprised of ECPs that are centrally managed organizations. This new role includes creating strategies and programs to stimulate growth for these ECPs and developing value-enhancing solutions.
- Maureen Cavanagh has been named Vice President, Retail Accounts. Her responsibilities include ensuring that Essilor is positioned to meet the business needs of its Retail customers through innovation, supply chain and unique business solutions. She will lead the team responsible for managing long-term sustainable growth through its channel strategy with a focus on customer support and a consumer-centric approach.
- Matt Tackman has been named Vice President, Dispensing Innovation. In this role, Matt will lead the strategy and innovation for programs that help dispensaries connect optical products and services with patients. Matt will also lead the operations and teams in the upcoming EOA launch of new of products including Varilux, Crizal, Eyezen™ and Transitions.
“Partnering with ECPs to deliver the best care and vision to their patients is what drives Essilor and allows us to fulfill our shared mission of improving lives by improving sight. The closer we are to our customers, the more effective of a partner we can be,” says Eric Leonard, President, Essilor of America. “These organizational moves are designed to tap into the natural talents and skills of our people to achieve our goal of providing superior service to our customers.”
Essilor of America also welcomed a new leader to the company:
- Dori Abendschein joined Essilor of America on April 1, 2017 as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Abendschein was previously Senior Vice President and CFO of North America for Schneider Electric. Prior to Schneider Electric, she held several senior-level finance positions including CFO Brinks North America, CFO/COO Global Financial and Banking Markets for British Telecom, and CFO Latin America for Dell.
As a part of these strategic announcements, Kevin Rupp, Executive Vice President and CFO, has announced his intention to retire in the near future. To ensure a smooth transition and strong succession plan, he will transition his responsibilities over the next two years. With Abendschein’s addition, Rupp will maintain responsibility for the Legal, IT, I-Coat and Optisource teams, along with certain board positions, and will remain involved in key company initiatives.
About Essilor of America, Inc.
Essilor is the leading manufacturer of optical lenses in the United States and is the market leader in progressive, high-index, photochromic and anti-reflective coated lenses. A pioneer in the development and production of ophthalmic lenses, Essilor employs more than 10,000 people throughout North America. Essilor manufactures optical lenses under the VARILUX®, CRIZAL®, TRANSITIONS®, XPERIO UV™, EYEZEN™, DEFINITY®, THIN&LITE® and other Essilor brand names. Essilor Laboratories of America, Inc is the largest, and most trusted, optical lab network in the U.S. and offers a wide choice of services and lens brands to eyecare professionals across the nation. Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor) is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International, a publicly held company traded on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (Reuters: ESSI.PA).
Cherie Gifford, Essilor of America