Essilor Expands Transitions ViLens Offerings For Eyecare Professionals
By Essilor News
DALLAS – (April 11, 2008) – Essilor of America, Inc. announces its second release of Transitions® VI lenses across several premium brands, including Varilux®, DEFINITY®, Essilor Natural®, Accolade® and Adaptar®. Launched March 17, these new lens offerings provide the most sophisticated photochromic technology across the greatest range of lens materials and designs to date.
"Essilor is pleased to offer this exciting new generation of lenses across our products," said Carl Bracy, vice president of marketing for Essilor of America. "Transitions VI is now available in more of the trusted brands eyecare professionals [ECPs] rely on to provide their patients with the best vision possible."
ECPs can now also order Transitions VI in the following product specifications:
• Varilux Comfort® and Varilux Comfort 360°™ in 1.50, Airwear® polycarbonate and Thin&Lite® 1.60 and 1.67
• Varilux Ellipse® and Varilux Ellipse 360°™ in Thin&Lite 1.60 and 1.67
• Varilux Panamic® in 1.50, Airwear polycarbonate and Thin&Lite 1.67
• DEFINITY® and DEFINITY SHORT™ in 1.50 and Thin&Lite 1.67
• Accolade Freedom™ in 1.50, Airwear polycarbonate and Thin&Lite 1.60 and 1.67
• Accolade® in 1.50, Airwear polycarbonate and Thin&Lite 1.60 and 1.67
• Essilor Natural® in 1.50 and Airwear polycarbonate
• Adaptar® in 1.50
The Transitions VI launch at Essilor is supported by an extensive marketing campaign to promote the new, advanced technology, enhanced everyday visual quality and eye health benefits of Transitions VI lenses when combined with the trusted Essilor brands. The campaign features the tagline "Advanced visual performance is an event worth seeing" and will be directed to ECPs and consumers throughout 2008.
On Feb. 1, Essilor launched its first wave of Transitions VI products, which included:
• Finished Single Vision (includes stock AR) in 1.50 and Airwear polycarbonate
• Semi-Finished Single Vision in 1.50, Airwear polycarbonate and Thin&Lite 1.60 and 1.67
• Bifocals in 1.50
• Varilux Physio® and Varilux Physio 360°® in 1.50, Airwear polycarbonate and Thin&Lite 1.60 and 1.67
• Varilux Ellipse and Varilux Ellipse 360° in 1.50 and Airwear polycarbonate
• SmallFit® in Airwear polycarbonate
• Ovation® in 1.50, Airwear polycarbonate and Thin&Lite 1.67
• DEFINITY and DEFINITY SHORT in Airwear polycarbonate
For more information on Transitions VI lenses, contact your Essilor representative or visit
Essilor is the leading manufacturer of optical lenses in the United States and is the market leader in progressive, high-index and anti-reflective coated lenses. A pioneer in the development and production of ophthalmic lenses, Essilor employs more than 8,500 people throughout North America. Essilor manufactures optical lenses under the Varilux®, Crizal®, DEFINITY® ,Thin&Lite®, and other Essilor brand names. Essilor Laboratories of America (ELOA) is the largest, and most trusted, optical lab network in the U.S. and offers a wide choice of services and lens brands, including Essilor premium lenses, to eye care professionals across the nation. Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor) is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International, S.A., a publicly held company traded on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (Reuters: ESSI.PA).
# # #
Essilor, Essilor Natural, , Varilux, Varilux Comfort, Varilux Physio 360 º, Physio, Ellipse, Panamic, Crizal, Airwear and DEFINITY are registered trademarks and, Varilux Comfort 360º and Varilux Ellipse 360º and DEFINITY SHORT are trademarks of Essilor International. Thin&Lite, Accolade, Adaptar, Ovation and SmallFit are registered trademarks and Accolade Freedom is a trademark of Essilor of America, Inc. Transitions is a registered trademark of Transitions Optical, Inc.